Ingram Micro CloudMovers
An engaging but straight-forward, high impact retention incentive to stimulate sales and loyalty via Ingram Micro’s Cloud Marketplace.
Ingram Micro wanted to achieve three objectives through the CloudMovers program:
- Stimulate existing cloud resellers to grow their sales through Ingram Micro by transacting with net new customers
- Engage existing cloud resellers by rewarding them for their current business through Ingram Micro
- Increase mindshare by creating an engaging partnership with cloud resellers
Gratifii’s channel marketing team (formerly Hachiko) worked closely with Ingram Micro to design a bespoke, high impact engagement platform designed to address Ingram Micro’s needs flexibly.
The retention program includes three ways to earn:
- Individual cash based rewards for growing net new cloud sales transacted through Ingram Micro
- Individual cash based 1 month bonanza for existing sales only
- Organisation level leaderboard based on revenue growth throughout the promotion period
In addition, a single “notice board” location was created for partners to see the latest promotions, programs and offers. This notice board was updated weekly so the content was always fresh and relevant.
Weekly nurture communications mixed with rewards messaging drove partner awareness and engagement. These communications were designed to inspire partners to grow their cloud business and used the rewards as a hook to generate an average open rate of 50.55% and an average open to click rate of 26.59% across the March – December 2021 period.
Getting a personality
CloudMovers has been a long-running, and evolving, campaign, and one that sparks with personality.
For the March-June quarter, the program was focused around the Olympics with a sporty, athletic theme, focused on sprints. From September to December, the program had a Christmas Theme, festive, joyful with great rewards. Having different themes adds some fun and personality to the program and the communications around it. The custom narrative and high impact creative help it further stand out in a noisy market and ensure the high engagement levels.
Within six months of hitting the market, the CloudMovers program was delivering significant returns.