Gratifii Carbon Offset eGift Cards
Terms and conditions
ACCU means an Australian Carbon Credit Unit. Each ACCU issued represents an estimated one tonne of carbon dioxide equivalent stored or avoided by a project.
CER means a Certified Emission Reduction unit issued outside of Australia (India). Each CER issued represents an estimated one tonne of carbon dioxide stored or avoided by a project.
Gratifii means Gratifii Limited (ABN 47 125 688 940).
nDevr Environmental means nDevr Environmental Pty Ltd (ABN 83 165 080 179), an environmental, carbon and sustainability consultancy engaged by Gratifii.
TEM means Tasman Environmental Markets, an authorised representative (CAR 001248300) of TEM Financial Services Pty Limited (ABN 58 142 268 479, AFSL 430036). TEM is authorised to provide financial services to wholesale clients (within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001).
You means the entity accessing this website and includes any entity that purchases one or more eGiftCards from Gratifii.
- Your eGift Card will be activated on purchase. Your eGiftCard will include service fee components which will not be allocated towards carbon offset projects.
- Gratifii will not provide a refund or exchange for change of mind on the eGiftCard.
- Although the calculation methods used by Gratifii for the eGiftCards have been independently verified by nDevr Environmental, it provides an emission estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual emissions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these Terms and Conditions would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Subject to the limitations in the preceding sentence, Gratifii excludes from these Terms and Conditions all conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute, general law or custom. Except for liability in relation to a Non-Excludable Guarantee, Gratifii excludes all liability in relation to the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions in relation to your eGiftCard.
- The payment received from you when you purchase your eGiftCard will be used by Gratifii to acquire ACCUs and CERs from TEM that are held and retired by Gratifii, and will bear a unique identifying number that allocates those ACCUs and CERs to your eGiftCard. At no stage are the ACCUs and CERs transferred to, or held on trust for you or anyone else. Gratifii may at its absolute discretion acquire ACCUs or CERs from certified greenhouse gas abatement suppliers of our choice. You are not able to direct us to allocate the funds to any particular greenhouse gas abatement projects or suppliers.
- While Gratifii has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information provided by us on Gratifii websites relating to carbon offsetting is correct, all information may be subject to change at any time without notice. Subject to any Non-Excludable Guarantee, Gratifii is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this website or if that information is not up-to-date.
- Gratifii reserves the right to suspend or terminate its eGiftCards in its absolute discretion at any time, without giving notice to you. This arrangement will be subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls imposed by State and Federal Governments, whether existing now or at any time in the future.
- This website and any eGiftCards offered on other Gratifii websites are provided “as is” without any representations or warranties other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind including but not limited to legal or financial advice. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or other matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
- These Terms and Conditions may be amended by Gratifii from time to time without giving notice to you.